Glenn H. Lenzen
Glenn has more than 30 years of experience in all areas of intellectual property law, including mergers and acquisitions, patent preparation and prosecution, litigation, domestic and international contracts and licensing.
Before joining the firm, Glenn worked for several firms in downtown Denver. Prior to moving to Colorado, Glenn was Vice President-Intellectual Property and Licensing and Chief Patent Counsel for Raytheon Company. He restructured and rebuilt the intellectual property and licensing department and had company-wide responsibility for the organization’s intellectual property matters.
Glenn also was senior counsel for Hexcel Corporation, where his responsibilities included management of the corporate litigation docket worldwide, including selection and supervision of outside counsel; analysis and coordination of insurance coverage and claims; negotiation of joint venture, asset acquisition and divestiture, sales, distribution and licensing agreements and commercial contracts; participation in corporate restructuring followed by Chapter 11 filing; and the handling of intellectual property, environmental, labor, employment, import/export regulations and other general corporate legal matters domestically and in overseas operations.
Before entering the legal profession, Glenn was a staff engineer for Caterpillar Inc.
B.S., Welding Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1970
M.S., Welding Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1970
J.D., Loyola University of Chicago, 1979
M.B.A. Saint Mary's College of California, 1990
AREA OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Venture Arrangements
- Business Transactions-Supply Chain, Software, Service Provider, and Independent Contractor Agreements
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Nanotech Alliance, Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Colorado Music Festival, Board of Directors, 2007-2015
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors 2013-2015; Business and Governmental Affairs Committee; Development Counsel Steering Committee; Graduate 2013-2014 Leadership Program
- Safari Club International, Denver Chapter, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business, Deming Center for Entrepreneurship, Advisory Board, 2012-present