Energy & Utilities
Members of the Dietze and Davis, P.C. Energy Practice Group handle a wide range of electric and natural gas legal and policy matters.
Featured areas of our practice include:
- Hydroelectric licensing, exemptions, permits and planning
- Wind energy project development and permitting
- Electric transmission and distribution development and siting
- Power purchase agreement negotiation
- Energy efficiency regulation and policy
- Solar energy development and siting
- Geothermal energy development and protection
- Conventional energy siting and development
- Energy infrastructure siting issues
- Natural gas infrastructure, tariffs, operations and development
In addition, our firm’s energy public and utility practice focuses on comprehensive representation in energy sales, resource planning for utilities, municipalities, energy producers, and commercial customers. Dietze and Davis attorneys regularly represent energy sellers, energy project developers carbon and renewable energy credit owners, participants in energy product permitting and clients involved in all regulatory aspects of generation, production, transmission, and distribution of electric and natural gas energy resources. Our attorneys have extensive experience in all energy and public utilities proceedings before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, as well as experience before related agencies such as the Colorado Division of Water Resources, Army Corps of Engineers, the Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. Our legal experience extends to legislative and policy matters, including advancing the commercial development of alternative energy technologies.