Renée Ezer has been an attorney since 1987, and is licensed in California and Colorado. Her practice emphasizes the resolution of conflicts through compromise or litigation in the administration of estates and trusts, guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, will contests, financial exploitation of the elderly, and fiduciary defense actions, as well as estate and trust administration. Renée also serves as a mediator in estate and trust-related disputes, and enjoys trust-related appellate work.
Originally from Southern California, Renée received her law degree from the University of San Francisco and her undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder. She served as law clerk for the Honorable Richard McLean and the Honorable Carol Glowinsky, Boulder District Court Judges, prior to establishing her practice in Boulder County. She has been a shareholder of Dietze and Davis, P.C. since 2006.
Renée has lectured before the Colorado Bar Association, the Boulder County Bar Association and other professional organizations on the topics related to guardianships and conservatorships, trust and estate litigation, conflict management for families caring for an elderly family member, estate administration, mediation, and professional ethics. She is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Boulder County Bar Association, and the Boulder County Bar Association. She has been recognized as an expert on the issues of Trust Administration and Professional Fees before the Boulder County District Court.
B.S., Business Administration, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1982
J.D., University of San Francisco, Kendrick Hall School of Law, 1986
Certificate of Completion, Center for Dispute Resolution (CDR) Mediation Training, 1992
California: June 1987
U.S. District Court, Central District of California, November 1987
Colorado: October 1995
AREA OF PRACTICE
- Trust and Estate Administrations
- Elder Law
- Guardian and Conservatorships
- Boulder County Bar Association, Paralegal Section. It's All Relative: Financial Exploitation in Family Systems, April 2014. Materials can be found here.
- Boulder County Senior Law Day. Taking Care of Our Parents: Alternatives for Family Members to Manage and Resolve Conflicts Involving Their Elderly Loved Ones, August 2011
- The Law Shop, Probate 101, July 2011
- Boulder County Senior Law Day. Taking Care of Our Parents: Alternatives for Family Members to Manage and Resolve Conflicts Involving Their Elderly Loved Ones, August 2010
- Boulder County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates/ADR Consortium. Elder Law/Probate Mediation, June 2010
- Boulder County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates/ADR Consortium. Mama Loved Me Best: ADR in Elder and Probate Proceedings, April 2010.
- Colorado Bar Association. Conservatorship and Guardianship Hot Topics, May 2008
- Colorado Bar Association. Issues in Guardianships and Conservatorships, April 2005.
- Panelist: Colorado Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Section. Tips, Trials and Tribulations of Opening Your Own Law Practice, January 2004
- Boulder County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section. Probate Litigation: It’s Sexier Than You Think, March 2003
- Colorado Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section. Probate Litigation: It’s Sexier Than You Think, February 2003
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association
- President Elect, Boulder County Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Director, Boulder County Bar Association (2012-present)
- Co-Chair, Boulder County Bar Association Elder Law Section
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association ADR Probate and Elder Law Workgroup
- Coach, Colorado Mock Trial Competition (2003-2005)
Expert Witness Qualifications
Buchanan, et al. v. Lindgren, Boulder County District Court Case No. 2005 PR 625