Carmen Danielson has been practicing law since 1987. She counsels employers and employees in most every aspect of employment law, including hiring and termination, disciplinary actions, employment contracts and negotiations, discrimination claims and defenses, EEOC and CCRD proceedings, employee handbooks, non-compete and trade secret matters, wage and hour issues, independent contractor issues, and wrongful discharge complaints. Her clients range from employers of various sizes, executive and management employees, and non-management employees. Carmen has handled and been involved in many federal and state cases pertaining to employment-related issues. She also assists clients with licensing contracts, vendor services agreements, software service agreements and various other types of contracts.
Carmen was selected by the Boulder County Bar Association as its "Outstanding Young Lawyer" of the year in 1997, an award given annually to a member of the Association under the age of 37 who has demonstrated the highest standards of legal practice, dedication to the profession, and outstanding service to the community. She was selected as an Outstanding Committee Member by the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, and is a frequent lecturer and author on topics related to employment law.
Please visit my AVVO profile by clicking here.
AREA OF PRACTICE
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
State of Colorado
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1987
Moorhead State University, B.A., 1984
- Panelist, Law and Justice Program, Channel 8, Boulder County Bar Association, 2010
- Co-Chair Employment Law Section, Boulder County Bar Association, 2007-2009
- Director, Boulder Valley Humane Society, 1996 - 2000
- Co-Chair Employment Law Section, Boulder County Bar Association, 1995 -1997.
- Co-Chair Public Policy Committee, Boulder County Women’s Bar Association, 1995-1996
- Co-President, Boulder Women’s Bar Association, 1994-1995
- Board of Directors, Boulder Women’s Bar Association, 1992 -1994
- Co-Chair Public Policy Committee, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 1992 -1993
- Board of Directors, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 1992-1993
Awards and Honors
Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year: Boulder County Bar Association, 1997.
Outstanding Committee Member: Colorado Women's Bar Association, 1996.
Co-author: The Practitioner's Guide to Colorado Employment Law, Colorado Bar Association, 2007.
Author: How to Win a Case of Wrongful Discharge Against Public Policy, Colorado Trail Lawyer Association publication (CTLA), 2000.
Author:Practicing Employment Law: Common Pitfalls of the Young Lawyer, The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 4/73, 1998.