June is the time of year when the state and local bar associations announce their leadership for the 2017-18 year. This year six Dietze and Davis, P.C. lawyers and a paralegal hold several leadership positions in the Colorado and Boulder County Bar Associations:
- Renee Ezer has accepted the gavel as incoming President of the Boulder County Bar Association.
- Jennifer Lorenz will continue on the Boulder County Bar Association Board as the new Secretary/Treasurer.
- Karl Kumli will chair the Natural Resource and Energy Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association.
- Kara Godbehere is the incoming Secretary/Treasurer of the CBA Water Law Section.
- Star Waring will continue her service on the CBA Water Law Section Executive Council.
- Star and Karl also will continue their service on the statewide Colorado Bar Association Board of Governors.
- Gabriella Stockmayer will serve another term as co-chair of the Natural Resource and Environmental Law Section of the Boulder County Bar Association.
- Julie Wolfe continues her service as co-chair of the Paralegal Section of the Boulder County Bar Association.
Renee’s tenure marks the fourth time a D&D attorney has served as Boulder Bar President. Steve Closky (2006-07), Karl (2009-2010) and Star (2011-2012) have held those reins in the past. Of course, the standard for service was set by Joel Davis, who was a founder of the Boulder County Bar Foundation, and Peter Dietze, who served three terms (1977-1996) as a statewide elected Regent of the University of Colorado, including two terms as Chair of the Regents of the University.